Tuesday, November 08, 2005

'Unhinged': Early notes

Finally got my copy of Michelle Malkin's new book, Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild, and have begun digging already. Suffice to say that every aspect of my earlier critique has been confirmed in spades, and then some.

Of course, you can't judge a book by its cover. But I had an immediate question about its cover -- specifically, the back cover.

Y'see, the early reports on the book indicated that not only would Malkin feature nasty, ugly quotes from nasty, ugly liberals on the back cover, but it would include their e-mail addresses.

And that's what they showed when Malkin appeared on O'Reilly's show the other day. O'Reilly even specifically mentioned it.

But when my copy arrived, the nasty quotes were there ... but not the e-mail addresses.

Now, I have to admit, I was hoping to be one of the unhinged liberals Malkin quoted on the back cover.

But I also have to admit that I wasn't nasty enough. In fact, the bigots and mysoginists she does quote are definitely not on my side (regardless of what Malkin likes to imply, as she does for the entirety of this book).

I was hoping to be there anyway, just because I wanted to see what kind of mail it would generate to be on Malkin's list.

And when the inevitable death threats arrived, I really wanted to be able to sue the bejeesus out of Malkin and Regnery.

I wonder if that's why there weren't any e-mail addresses, as promised.

No comments: